Whenever you travel to a foreign land, most people end up talking and writing about the stuff you shouldn’t miss, the places that you should definitely visit, or the food you must eat, but rarely they tell you the things you should avoid and rather not do. We Do Musafir, were in Singapore recently and before we tell you what all you should do in Singapore, here is a list of things you shouldn’t do and totally avoid
1. Do Not Litter– Yes Singapore is one of those countries, who are cleanliness freaks and you can be heavily fined for littering public places. So a word of caution, please make use of bins, which are kept in abundance throughout Singapore, but by any means do not throw anything on the roads and lanes.
2. Smoke Only at Designated Areas– Another thing, which is very strictly observed in Singapore is that you can smoke only at designated areas, smoking in public otherwise is a legal offence.
3. Do Not Chew Gum– Yes, this might sound a little weird, but chewing gums are banned in Singapore and hence importing them, buying them and obviously chewing them is a legal offence. So keep your gums back home when traveling to Singapore.
4. Don’t Do Drugs– Drugs are completely banned in Singapore, and forget having them while in Singapore, you can be caught and arrested even if you have drugs in your system as you step in the country. So remember to detoxify your body completely even before you reach Singapore.
5. Don’t Forget to Flush– Yes a random check in the public toilet, could land you in jail or heavily fined if you forget to flush. Like mentioned above cleanliness freak is what Singapore is, so make sure you adhere to the same.
So prep yourself with these things and we will bring you what you should actually do in Singapore in our next post. And remember, we at Do Musafir help you curate your travel plans, so dont forget to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Instagram and Facebook