Guwahati as we know is the business capital of Assam and people from various segments flock over the city. But very few people end up exploring the natural beauty and delicious food that Guwahati has to offer. Here are the top things that one should not miss when in Guwahati
- The smallest river island- Umananda is undoubtedly the smallest river island in the world and it attracts tourist from across the globe every year. Uma stands for goddess Parvati, the wife of Lord Shiva and ananda means happiness. This island houses a shiv temple on the hill top and is definitely a place worth visiting.
- A boat ride across Brahmaputra river- Your visit would be incomplete if you dont take a ride along the river Brahmaputra. Trust us, it will be one of the most memorable experiences ever.
- Dinner cruise on Alfresco Grand- Alfresco Grand is one of the most popular cruises on the Brahmaputra river and its dinner cruise is simply awesome. It allows you to witness the history of the Brahmaputra river with an audio visual show, followed by traditional folk music and dances. Imagine sipping your favourite cocktails and enjoying some snacks while cruising and witnessing the traditional Bihu dance of Assam.
- Kamakhya Temple- One of the most visited temples in the world, Kamakhya temple which is nestled on a hill top is definitely worth a visit
- Momo Ghar- Your foodie experience will be incomplete if you dont visit the traditional momo ghars and savour the popular mutton and chicken and pork momos. They are big, juicy and utterly delicious.
Here is a small glimpse of what all we did in Guwahati
So prep yourself with these things and we will bring you a lot more on other travel places in our next post. And remember, we at Do Musafir help you curate your travel plans, so dont forget to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow us on Instagram and Facebook